Instagram has released version 3.0 of their iPhone and Android mobile app. Unlike previous versions which focused on adding new filters and other enhancements, this release features a a number of design improvements and changes. What’s new:
- View your photos on a map (visit your profile and tap Photo Map to select which of your photos will be viewable on the map)
- Redesigned profile screen
- Redesigned upload screen
- Design improvements throughout
- Inifinite scrolling on photo feeds
- Flag inappropriate comments
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
While the changes to the UI will be noticable immediately, perhaps the most interesting aspect of this update is the Photo Map feature. As you can see in the screenshot to the right, your photos will now be pinned to a map.
Try out the new version and let us know what you think!