Businesses that want to take advantage of online marketing need to do several things well: attract website traffic, generate leads, convert leads into sales, and then measure everything. One of the best tools for measuring the effectiveness of your social media activity just got a little better. HootSuite.
HootSuite has updated their mobile app today and while there were a load of minor improvements and fixes, there are two updates that really stood out to me:
- Added retweet count in Twitter stream
- Added list view displaying users who retweeted a particular tweet
This means that at a glance, you can look at your Sent Tweets from any connected Twitter account and see which ones have been retweeted and how often. Tapping that tweet will bring up the details for that tweet. Tap on the number of retweets and you will see a detailed list of the Twitter users who retweeted you.
Why does this matter?
Twitter users who regularly retweet your tweets could be fans or influencers! Just like how we used Ripples on Google+ to monitor who shared our posts, we can similarly keep an eye on the people that are spreading our message on Twitter. These are people that you need to reach out to and engage further to strengthen your relationship. If they’re fans and customers, you should thank them and show them how much you appreciate their loyalty. If they’re influencers in your industry, consider reaching out and looking for ways to not only thank them, but reciprocate their gesture. An easy and obvious way is to regularly retweet some of their tweets as well. This is not only good business, it’s being a good social citizen.
Additional updates and fixes included:
- Alert users when their HootSuite Pro account is expired
- Added support for Danish
- User setting for Display Name is respected in retweets
- Fixed the issue of not being able to close user profile when searching contacts
- Improved image quality of Twitter user profile photo
- Fixed crashes caused by displaying busy loading view on iPad
- Fixed the issue of Places button not responding in some scenarios
- Improved the accuracy of timestamps of retweets
- Fixed the issue of displaying special characters in title view
- Photo upload progress bar no longer obscure text
- Fixed issues related to Enterprise limited users
Are you already using HootSuite to manage and monitor your social networks? What has your experience been? If you haven’t tried it before, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial.