Pinterest is currently the fasted growing social network on the planet, with a current user base of over 11 million in the U.S. alone. Businesses should strongly consider how they can use Pinterest to grow and promote themselves, and this video from MDG Advertising does a great job of summarizing the key points, benefits and strategies for Pinterest success.
PINTEREST VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
The People Who Pin:
- 60% Female / 40% Maie
- 29% are between 35-44 years old, with most users falling between 25 – 54 years old
- Income levels for 37% of Pinterest users are $25,000-$49,999
Why You Should Be On Pinterest:
- As of Jan., 2012, there were more than 11 million U.S. visitors
- Pinterest is the fastest site in history to pass 10 million
- Pinterest drives more referral traffic than LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+ combined
- Companies like Etsy and Real Simple are using Pinterest
How You Should Use Pinterest:
- Pin your own content that has great images.
- Repin great content and images that other people pin.
- Collect your pins into Boards.
How To Make Pinterest Work For You:
- Decide whether your customers are using Pinterest, and how.
- Add a Pin It button to your site and content.
- Improve the quality of the images you use on your website.
- Pin News and Tips as well as products and services for variety.
- Watch and Follow the large brands and learn from them.
Watch the video:
If you have any questions or need help integrating Pinterest into your Social Media and Internet Marketing campaign, please contact us.