Yelp, the social network for finding and sharing location activities, has released version 6.0.0 of their mobile app. The update description states:
This update is literally filled to the brim with awesomeness. We’re not joking — we had to get an intern to stand on the top of it just to get it zipped up and shipped to the App Store.
- We’re rolling out a brand new business page on iPhone! Boom.
- Support for the Yelpy Insights — ge the inside scoop on which businesses vegetarians love andwhich ones are popular for certain age groups.
- Now you can compliment and ike Tips on iPhone
- Updated navigation for logged out users on iPhone
- Tons o’ iPad Enhancements: Now you can edit business information; add photos; give Useful, Funny, Cool votes to reviews; and send Yelpers compliments for their great reviews.
Read the full announcement on the Yelp Blog.
According to the Yelp website, Yelp had an average of approximately 71 million monthly unique visitors in Q1 2012. Revenue is based on local business ads.