This has been a great year for The Social Media Hat. I can’t tell you how thrilled I have been with the response and support that you have given me. Your interest in my writing has been phenomenal!
While this may be a list of the most popular blog posts on The Social Media Hat last year, what this list is really about is how supportive you’ve been. By reading and sharing and engaging, you’ve helped to make this site and community what it is.
The list.ly list below includes links to each of the Top Ten posts, starting with #10. But here’s some more information for you:
10. 17,813 – Best Mobile Apps for Business [iPhone Edition]
09. 17,855 – How to use HootSuite for Social Listening
08. 17,873 – Secret Tips to Using Google+ Circles
07. 20,100 – The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Google Plussers
06. 21,196 – Why You Should Opt Out of Facebook Advertising
05. 21,468 – How to write LinkedIn Recommendations
04. 22,008 – How I promote my new blog posts
03. 32,317 – Top Google+ Influencers and Educators
02. 32,916 – 6 Ways a Formatted Google+ Post Will Increase Engagement and Interest
01. 66,694 – How Not to use Google+
Half of the posts were about Google+ (no surprise), with one each about Facebook, LinkedIn, HootSuite, Blogging and Tech.
The most recent article published ranked #6 on the list, while the oldest post is #5, so age seemed to not be a factor.
As you can see, the articles are listed in reverse order based on Page Views. So you’ve all “voted” on these posts through your expressions of interest in each article. But perhaps there’s an article or two that didn’t make the list and you would have included. Is there another blog post that I or one of my guest bloggers published that really resonated with you last year? If so, please mention it in the comments below.
In the coming year, I am going to continue to focus on providing as much information and assistance as possible when it comes to blogging, social media, and trends in content marketing. If you have questions or would like to see me cover specific topics or questions, feel free to leave a suggestion or two in the comments below!