The Social Media Hat is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. This statement outlines our privacy and data protection policy.
Collection and use of customer information
Your personal details will be collected and processed when you order, purchase, register, subscribe or make use of any of our products or services.
In addition, when you visit our website, we also collect website usage information (which may include your reading history and any advertisements you may have viewed), and information about your computer or other digital device and your internet connection. This includes your computer's or digital device’s IP address, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, your internet domain and, if you visited via a link from another website, the URL of the linking page.
This information is collected to help us:
- fulfil your order
- manage your registration preferences
- send you renewal notifications and/or service notifications
- personalise web content and advertising based on your personal characteristics or preferences
- ensure, as far as is practical, that our websites and applications are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys
We also use your information for in-house research and analysis. This helps us to:
- improve our understanding of customer needs
- create marketing profiles
- support strategic development
- To enable us to conduct research we may share your information with third party suppliers employed to help. All results of any research and analysis will be anonymised or aggregated information and will not reveal any personal details of individual customers.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive. We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers
- eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
- enabling you to move more easily around our sites and applications
- tracking your use of our sites to better develop our sites and applications in accordance with your requirements
- building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our sites, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make advertisements and content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Bear in mind, though, that if you delete them, any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset when you next log in.
You will be able to use our websites and applications even if your browser is not set to accept cookies. However, certain features and content may not be available to you and you will have to log in every time you visit.
The Social Media Hat uses reputable third parties to deliver the e-mails you receive if you have subscribed to e-mail newsletters. These third parties use unique identifiers and invisible images (often called "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") to perform message open sensing, message format sensing, and click-through sensing in order to bring you more relevant information.
The Social Media Hat uses reputable third parties to deliver the advertisements displayed on our websites, as well as our own internal advertising system.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. The Social Media Hat is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and we recommend that you read the privacy policies on any external sites you use.
The Social Media Hat does its utmost to protect your privacy and ensure your personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed, lost or altered within The Social Media Hat.
Occasionally we may share your details with other companies who are managing data for us (eg fulfilment bureaux, database consultants etc.). They are only permitted to process your data with explicit permission from The Social Media Hat, enabling them to perform the services required.
Changes to this statement