Twitter improves Search and Discovery
Twitter announced today a major improvement to their Search and Discovery features, and these improvements are immediately accessible through the mobile website as well as iOS and Android systems. According to the update, version 5.3 includes:
Instantly access great content with improvements to search and Discover.
- Discover delivers a single stream of Tweets, Trends, Activity and accounts to follow. Pull to refresh or keep scrolling to see more content.
- Search now shows the most relevant mix of people, Tweets and photos.
- It's also easier to use search with one button at the top of the app.
- You can see your five most recent searches and tap them to redo the search, or you can clear your recent search history.
- Links instantly open web pages when you tap URLs in your stream.
- Performance improvements make launch times faster.
- Connect shows interactions like new followers, retweets and mentions by default. You can switch to "view mentions only" in settings.
- Bug fixes and other improvements.
I am particularly interested in the saved search feature, as that is extremely useful to businesses using Twitter to find and participate in conversations. Ideally, you are regularly looking for Twitter activity by searching hashtags and keywords, and participating where appropriate. By giving you 5 saved searches, Twitter has made it faster and easier to find the topics and tweets that your potential customers are engaged in.
DISCLOSURE: Some links in the article above, and throughout this site, may be affiliate links. While there's no additional cost to you, purchases made via those links may earn me a commission. Only products and services which have been tried and tested are reviewed, and those reviews are always thorough and honest. If you benefited from my review and have a genuine interest in the linked product, your use of the affiliate link is appreciated and allows me to continue writing these kinds of helpful articles.
By Mike Allton, Content Marketing Practitioner
Mike is a Content Marketing Practitioner - a title he invented to represent his holistic approach to content marketing that leverages blogging, social media, email marketing and SEO to drive traffic, generate leads, and convert those leads into sales. He is an award-winning Blogger, Speaker, and Author at The Social Media Hat, and Brand Evangelist at Agorapulse (formerly CMO at SiteSell).
As Brand Evangelist, Mike works directly with other social media educators, influencers, agencies and brands to explore and develop profitable relationships with Agorapulse.Follow @Mike_Allton