If your ecommerce solution has Coupon capability, that means that you have the ability to create an track coupons that offer discounts to your customers.
To create a new coupon, go to Store Administration -> Customers -> Coupons. Here you will see a list of all active coupons you may have already created. You can click on the Add New Coupon tab to make a new one.
- Type in a meaningful name for your coupon
- Type in a coupon code that your customers will use
- Choose an Expiry Date
- Mark the coupon as Active
- Choose the Discount Type and enter a Value (i.e. 10%)
- Enter a Minimum Order Limit if applicable
- Enter a Maximum Number of Redemptions (per code) to limit the total number of times a coupon can be used
- Enter the Maximum Number of Redemptions (per user) to limit the number of times a specific user can receive the discount
- Choose a product class only if multiple classes of products have been set up for your implementation and you're sure you know that you want to limit coupon usage
- Keep 'Both wholesale and retail' selected unless you've been told otherwise
- Click Submit to save
To view usage reports, go to Store Administration -> Reports -> Coupon Usage. Be sure to adjust the data range accordingly, and make sure to select the correct Status.