What Is The Future Of Content Marketing?
Joe Pulizzi has mapped out the lifecycle of Content Marketing as we know it. In his opening address at Content Marketing World in 2015, he revealed that Content Marketing, like many other disruptive technologies, is following Gartner's Five-Step Hype Cycle... which means that, right now, we're going through the Trough of Disillusionment. Many of us have tried content marketing to one extent or another and run into challenges.
- Coming up with strategically sound ideas and tactics
- Keeping up with the demand to produce more and more "10x" content
- Tracking the impact and success of all that content
And to add to the challenges, we're seeing plenty of decrees that "Content Marketing is Dead" (even though they're mostly nothing more than clickbait); something no marketing manager wants to explore their CEO to.
That's why it's important to have perspective. And perspective is what you'll find here. 21, in fact.
RankWatch interviewed 21 marketing experts on the future of Content Marketing, and asked the following questions:
- Should organisations shift their content strategy from building branded content to establishing themselves as content brand?
- Which are the most useful tools in your daily content generation and marketing?
- Which social media channel will become platform #1 for content marketing?
- Who will win the battle long detailed vs short snackable content?
- What does the future hold for the Content-SEO pair?
Enjoy the responses, and I hope you'll be particularly interested in lucky #13. ;)
(Apologies if you're viewing this on mobile and the infograph isn't rendering well... unfortunately, it's an embedded iFrame.)
By Mike Allton, Content Marketing Practitioner
Mike is a Content Marketing Practitioner, Blogger and Author in St. Louis, and the Chief Marketing Officer at SiteSell. He has been working with websites and the Internet since the early '90's, and is active on all of the major social networks. Mike teaches a holistic approach to content marketing that leverages blog content, social media and SEO to drive traffic, generate leads, and convert those leads into sales.
Mike is the author of, "The Unofficial Book On HootSuite: The #1 Tool for Social Media Management", "The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect LinkedIn Profile.", and "Blog Promotionology, The Art & Science of Blog Promotion."