Google Chrome for iPhone Updated
Google has released an update to the Chome app for iPhone that addresses a lot of issues and bugs. According to the update for version 21.0.1180.80:
- Resolved compatibility issues with certain websites including Yahoo! Mail
- Fixes for black Most Visited page
- Fixes fo issues when logging into some sites
- Share webpages via email or Google+, Facebook, Twitter
- Stability and security improvements
- Many bug fixes addressing user feedback
What's interesting about this update beyond the notable improvements is the fact that Google is making a concerted effort to address concerns and correct compatibility issues, whereas with normal desktop browsers, most compatibility concerns become the resposibility of the individual website owners. Google clearly is determined to make the user experience with Google Chrome for iOS as positive as possible.
Chrome for iOS was released as an alternative to the native Safari. Google has gone so far as to make Chrome the default browser if you're within the Google+ App and want to open a link in a browser. And Chrome is the first to add both Facebook and Google+ sharing options within the browser, while Safari only supports Twitter with Facebook expected later this month as part of the iOS 6 update.
Are you using Google Chrome on your iPhone? If you are, please let us know what you think!